10 Weekly Steps to Begin Losing Weight: Week 7

For the last 6 Sundays, I have been posting weekly tips designed to give someone just getting started some small, easy steps to take that will help them lose weight. This is the Tip for Week 7.

This week, I want you to start cleaning up your eating.

You should already have increased the number of times you eat each day.  That was the tip for Week 5.  You should be eating at least 4 times a day and no more than 6 times.  Now it’s a matter of changing what you’re eating.

Starting this week, eat lean sources of protein 90% of the time.  The other 10 percent you are allowed to eat fattier protein if you’d like. 

By lean sources of protein, I’m referring to turkey breast without the skin, chicken breast without the skin, eggs, fish prepared without breading, and, on occasion, lean cuts of red meats like flank steak

To figure out what 90% of the time is, take the number of times you’re eating each day and multiply it by 7, for the number of days in a week.  For example, if you eat 5 times a day, you’d take 5 x 7 for a total of 35.  Multiply this by 90%, and you get 31.5.  We’ll round this down to 31, meaning that 31 of the 35 times we’ll eat this week are going to be lean protein meals.  So, in the next 7 days, you have 4 meals that you can eat a fattier source of protein.  Maybe bacon with eggs in the morning, or a hamburger for dinner…whatever you want is OK, as long as it’s limited to 4 times in seven days.

Eating good 90% of the time is a success no matter how you look at it.  I also feel that it’s realistic enough to be able to stick to it for a lifetime.

Next week, we’re going to jump into the topic that has caused more confusion than anything other…carbs.  The tip I’ll be giving you next week will help cut through al that confusion and keep you on the road to continued weight loss and good health.

Advertisements

4 Responses to “10 Weekly Steps to Begin Losing Weight: Week 7”

  1. thedietpulpit Says:

    I passed up pizza last night – do I get a cookie for geing good? LOL Just kidding Great tips! Lady Rose

  2. loseweightwithme Says:

    🙂

    Brian

  3. TheMorbidMe Says:

    I agree on the protein part. It is probably the single most important component on a diet to loose weight. BTW, great blog, first time here and already in my favorites 🙂

  4. loseweightwithme Says:

    Hi, Morbidme, thanks for stopping by, and thanks for the nice compliment!

    🙂

    Brian

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: